Towson University provides resources to permit Web pages to be created and posted for:
- academic departments, programs, centers or institutes
- administrative departments
- student organizations
Please note that:
- The creation and support of Web pages is not permitted for organizations which are not affiliated with the university.
- As stated in the University Guidelines for Responsible Computing, commercial advertising on Web pages is not permitted.
- All content served from university hosts must comply with Federal, State and local legal requirements and must not conflict with either the University Guidelines for Responsible Computing or the Towson University Code of Student Conduct.
- Each department should appoint a representative who can serve as the main contact person for the departmental Web site.
- Web site directories can be configured so that multiple people may update information and share the maintenance of departmental information; these are called Group Web Areas .
Approved by the Information and Instructional Technology Committee (IITC):
September 9, 1998