Following your graduation, your experience with SCS noted on your resume will demonstrate to potential employers your helpful nature and your proficiency with technology.
SCS staff members assist students in various ways, including:
- Answering questions and demonstrating operations in the Computing Lab
- Solving problems with mobile devices and laptops from students who walk up to the desk
- Responding to NetID questions in the form of e-mail sent by students
- Answering SCS telephones and assisting callers
- Performing routine maintenance on Lab and Learning Center hardware
- Reserving Lab and Learning Center resources for students
- Helping students print posters on the SCS large-format printer
- and more!
Before applying for a position with SCS, review the TU Student Employment Handbook to verify that you qualify for employment. Click on What are the eligibility requirements? to view guidelines related to grade point average and credit load. You might also find it useful to review the SCS Student Employment Process.
To apply for a student position with SCS, do the following:
- Click the following Apply Online button to view the SCS Online Application Form. If you are unable to provide answers to any of the questions, consider printing the form. In this way, you can collect and compose your responses offline for subsequent copying and pasting into the online form.
- When you are ready, complete and submit an online application.
If no positions are available at the time you apply, we will hold you application—unless you request otherwise—and contact you when an opportunity does arise.