Towson University Daily Digest
Celebrate Campus Sustainability Day October 19
Campus Sustainability Day is dedicated to raising awareness for campus environmental initiatives and supporting cross-departmental, cross-disciplinary campus planning for sustainability. This year, Towson University is celebrating Sustainability Day on Wednesday, October 19 with a range of programs and events:
Monday, October 17
- New York Times Talk on Sustainability and the TU Urban Farm: noon to 1:30 p.m. in University Union Chesapeake III
Wednesday, October 19
- FREE routine bike maintenance on West Village Lawn from noon to 3 p.m., courtesy of Joe's Bike Shop (http://www.mtwashingtonbikes.com/)
- FREE smoothies - bike to blend yours together on Paws Patio from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Recycling Challenge on UU 2nd Floor and West Village Commons: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Win a Go Green t-shirt!)
- Guest chefs: VP for Student Affairs Deb Moriarty and Associate VPs Jana Varwig and Teri Hall will be dishing up food from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Glen, Newell and West Village dining halls
- Local and organic food offerings in campus dining halls
- Freedom Square chalkboard dedicated to sustainability
Help support Campus Sustainability Day by coming to the events above and taking a few moments to discuss sustainability with your colleagues or students. You can share also your thoughts on campus sustainability on the Go Green Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/TowsonGoesGreen for a chance to win a gift card to the University Store.
This page was created with the Towson University Daily Digest Publishing System. Applicable policies and procedures may be found here.
Publish from: 10/6/2011 through 10/09/2011
Division: Administration and Finance
Distribution: Faculty/Staff and Students