Inquire about Gear Rental at the Main Office (Burdick 148)
Outdoor Adventures has all the outdoor equipment you need for your next outing, whether you are camping, backpacking, bouldering, hiking, or snowboarding. See below for a complete list of equipment available for rental.
Not sure where to go for your next adventure? Our knowledgeable staff can assist you in planning and make recommendations for locations throughout the region for your next adventure.
Equipment rental is available to Towson students, faculty and staff with a valid TU OneCard. See below for equipment rental policies.
To request to use equipment, please fill out an online request form.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- Bear Canisters
- Bear Bags & Bear Bag Ropes
- Compression Sacks
- Cooking Utensils
- Crazy Creek Chairs
- Dromedary Bags
- Duffle Bags
- Maps & Guidebooks
- Pack Covers
- Pots & Pans
- Sleeping Bags & Pads
- Coleman Propane Stoves
- Stuff Sacks
- Trekking Poles
- U-Dig-It Shovels and Trowels
- Snowboarding Gear (Helmets, Boots, Bags)
1. Gear rental requests must be submitted online a minimum of three (3) business days before the desired pick-up date. All renters must present a valid OneCard at the time of pick-up.
2. Gear rental is available at no cost to the renter. Fees will be billed to the renter’s Bursars Account for unreturned gear and gear returned late, wet, dirty, or damaged.
3. Gear can be returned Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
4. Gear rental is for a maximum of seven (7) days. If Campus Recreation is closed on the day the gear is due, the renter will have two additional days to return rented gear.
5. A $20 late fee will be billed for any gear that is returned after the due date provided at the time of pick-up.
6. A $20 fee will be billed for any gear that is returned wet, dirty, or damaged. Any repair costs over $20 will be billed at the cost of materials and a $15 per hour labor fee.
7. For gear that is damaged beyond repair or is late and not returned within 14 days of the original due date, the renter will be charged the full retail value plus 10% for each item. Fees charged at the expiration of the 14-day period are non-refundable.
8. All equipment is being rented in "as-is" condition. Renters are responsible for checking equipment when renting to record any dirtiness, damage, or missing items. Renters are responsible for the condition of equipment once received.
9. An individual may not rent equipment for another person..
Please contact Outdoor Adventures with any questions, comments, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.