Burdick Hall Climbing Gym
Outdoor Adventures has all the outdoor equipment you need for your next outing, whether you are camping, backpacking, bouldering, hiking, or snowboarding. Check out our site or come in to the climbing gym located in Burdick Hall to talk to our equipment rental staff. See below for a complete list of equipment available for rental.
Not sure where to go for your next adventure? Our knowledgeable staff can assist you in planning and make recommendations for locations throughout the region for your next adventure.
Equipment rental is available to Towson students, faculty and staff with a valid TU OneCard. See below for equipment rental policies.
**Gear Rental is unavailable over the Winter Break. We will start accepting requests again at the start of the Spring term.**
Click here for Gear Rental Request Form.
- Bear Canisters
- Bear Bags & Bear Bag Ropes
- Compression Sacks
- Cooking Utensils
- Crazy Creek Chairs
- Dromedary Bags
- Duffle Bags
- Maps & Guidebooks
- Pack Covers
- Pots & Pans
- Sleeping Bags & Pads
- Coleman Propane Stoves
- Stuff Sacks
- Trekking Poles
- U-Dig-It Shovels and Trowels
- Snowboarding Gear (Helmets, Boots, Bags)
- Disc Golf Sets
- Books (fiction, non-fiction, instructional)
- Videos/DVDs (features, documentaries, instructional)
For more information, please contact Outdoor Adventures at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual rental: $20 deposit (cash or check) with a valid TU OneCard. A maximum of 30 items may be rented.
- Group rental: Groups may only rent equipment if they have a group SGA account and have received permission from Outdoor Adventures. Groups are required to leave a $100 deposit.
- Equipment rental is for a maximum of seven (7) days. If the University is closed on the day equipment is due, the renter will have two additional days to return their equipment.
- Equipment must be returned one hour before close on the day it is due.
- Deposits will be kept for any late, dirty, or damaged equipment. If the deposit does not cover the fees, the renter's Towson University bursar's account will be charged for the remainder of the cost. Repair costs include materials and a $15 per hour labor fee.
- For equipment that is damaged beyond repair or is late and not returned within 14 days of the original due date, the renter will be charged the full retail value plus 10% for each item.
- All equipment is being rented in "as-is" condition. Renters are responsible for checking equipment when renting to record any dirtiness, damage, or missing items. Renters are responsible for the condition of equipment once received.
- Each individual may only rent equipment for themselves.