Adult Learn to Swim Private Lessons
Participants will enhance skills, improve techniques and gain confidence with their swimming abilities while working in an individual setting. Participants will work with their instructors to develop an individual plan to meet goals, whether it is learning the basics, developing endurance or perfecting techniques.
Only individuals with OneCard access to Burdick Hall will be eligible for enrollment.
Swim Lessons will be available beginning Monday, January 27, 2014.
Packages can be purchased in one, five, or ten thirty-minute lessons at a time. Packages must be completed within the semester they are purchased.Package #1: 1 lesson/$20
Package #2: 5 lessons/$85
Package #3: 10 lessons/$160
Deadline to purchase a package of 10 lessons is March 5. Deadline to purchase a package of 5 lessons is March 12. All lessons must be used prior to March 31, 2014 or the remainder of lessons will be forfeited.
After reviewing all rules and regulations, please follow the directions below to register for lessons:An instructor will contact you within five business days to set up your lesson.
You will receive a Liability Waiver and Agreement Form that need to be brought to your first lesson. Please contact the Assistant Director of Aquatics at 410-704-2037 if questions arise.
1. Fill out the Adult Swim Lesson Information Sheet and submit via email by clicking the "Submit by Email" button at the bottom of the document. Please right-click and select "Save Target As" to save the form to your computer. If you are using a Mac, please fill in the form using Adobe Reader and not Preview.
2. If the Aquatics staff is able to meet your needs, a member of the staff will email you a registration link to pick which package you would like to register for. If lessons are currently waitlisted or we are unable to meet your needs, a member of the staff will inform you by email.
3. After receiving registration confirmation:
Private Lesson Rules and Regulations
1. Only participants with a valid TU OneCard are eligible for lesson packages.
2. All sessions will be conducted at Burdick Pool by current Campus Recreation Services staff.
3. All lessons will be a maximum of thirty minutes.
4. Participants must wear appropriate swimming attire at all times. Appropriate swimming attire consists of material with a lining that covers chest, buttocks and groin for females and buttocks and groin for males. Inappropriate swimming attire consists of baggy, see-through or street clothing such as t-shirts, sweatpants, jeans, sneakers, etc.
5. There are no penalties if cancellations are made at least 24 hours in advance. You must contact your instructor directly to cancel lesson.
6. Arriving 15 or more minutes late will result in forfeiture of that lesson. Lessons that start late will still end at the scheduled time.
7. Lessons that are canceled due to unscheduled facility closures or inclement weather may be rescheduled or refunds may be awarded on a case-by-case basis.
8. Lesson packages are non-transferable and non-refundable. Medical conditions which cause a delay in completing purchased sessions may be refunded if a physician's note is provided.
9. Lesson packages expire at the end of the semester in which they were purchased.
10. Instructors may not accept any additional payment for their services and participants may not accept any free sessions from their trainers.