Group Fitness Classes
What is Group Fitness?
Group Fitness classes provide participants with a structured, results-focused regimen in a group setting. Each class invites participants of all fitness levels - beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Participants can increase and/or decrease the intensity of the workout by utilizing the suggested modifications from our instructors. A variety of group exercise classes are held each week during the fall and spring semesters.
Who is eligible to participate?
Group Fitness classes are available to all students, faculty and staff who possess a valid TU OneCard.
Alumni members and approved guests are permitted to participate in classes held at Burdick Hall only. Guests must be accompanied by their sponsor at all times.
Where do classes take place?
Classes are held in two locations on campus:
- West Village Commons, Room 308
- Burdick Hall Gym 3
What to expect
- Our experienced team of instructors design and lead each class
- All classes start promptly at their scheduled time
- All fitness equipment is provided, though supplies are first-come, first-served
- Participants are expected to disinfect their equipment immediately following class using the provided sanitation wipes
- Participants are asked to refrain from entering once the class begins for their safety and the courtesy of the instructor and other participants
What to bring with you
- All classes are FREE to students, faculty, staff and Alumni members, but each participant must bring his/her TU OneCard for admittance
- Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a water bottle and sweat towel with them to each class
- Loose fitting, breathable attire and tennis shoes are necessary. Refer to the facility policies for more information on required apparel and personal belongings
Reservations via phone will not be taken for Group Exercise classes. However, class occupancy limits and sign-ups apply.
West Village Commons
All classes held at West Village Commons have a maximum occupancy limit. Participants will be required to sign-up in advance on the class roster that will be posted 15 minutes prior to the start of each class. The roster will be posted outside main door of exercise room.
For all classes held in Burdick Hall, maximum occupancy limits will be enforced as deemed necessary by Campus Recreation staff due to instructor-participant ratio regulations.