What is Group Exercise?
Group Exercise classes provide participants with a structured, results-focused regimen in a group setting. Each class invites participants of all fitness levels - beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Participants can increase and/or decrease the intensity of the workout by utilizing the suggested modifications from our instructors. A variety of group exercise classes are held each week during the fall and spring semesters.
Who is eligible to participate?
Group Exercise classes are available to all students, faculty and staff who possess a valid TU One Card.
Alumni members and approved guests are permitted to participate in classes held at Burdick Hall only. Guests must be accompanied by their sponsor at all times.
Where do classes take place?
Classes are held in three locations on campus:
- West Village Commons, Room 308
- Burdick Hall Gym 3
- Burdick Hall Mezzanine
What to expect
- Our experienced team of instructors design and lead each class
- All classes start promptly at their scheduled time
- All fitness equipment is provided, though supplies are first come, first serve
- Participants are expected to disinfect their equipment immediately following class using the provided sanitation wipes
- Participants are asked to refrain from entering once the class begins for their safety and the courtesy of the instructor and other participants
What to bring with you
- All classes are FREE to students, faculty, staff and Alumni members, but each participant must bring his/her TU One Card for admittance
- Participants are strongly encouraged to bring a water bottle and sweat towel with them to each class
- Loose fitting, breathable attire is highly recommended. Refer to the facility policies for more information on required apparel and personal belongings
Reservations via phone will not be taken for Group Exercises classes. However, class occupancy limits and sign-ups do apply.
West Village Commons
All classes held at West Village Commons have a maximum occupancy limit. Participants will be required to sign-up in advance on the class roster that will be posted 25 minutes prior to the start of each class. The roster will be posted outside main door of exercise room.
For all classes held in Burdick Hall, maximum occupancy limits will be enforced as deemed necessary by CRS staff.
Group Ex Listserv
The Group Exercise Listserv serves as a valuable means of communication to provide Group Exercise participants with:
- Immediate notification of class changes, additions and cancellations
- Upcoming semester schedules
- Exciting fitness and wellness programs and activities
- Monthly healthy recipes and fitness tips
Join the Group Ex Listserv by e-mailing your name to firstname.lastname@example.org and note "LISTSERV" as the subject of the e-mail.