Closures and Inclement Weather
If Towson University is closed due to emergency, Campus Recreation facilities will also be closed. Call 410-704-2000 or 410-704-NEWS for emergency updates. Please do not call the University Police Department with emergency closing related questions.
If TU is closed or classes are cancelled prior to the facility opening:
All Campus Recreationfacilities will be closed and programs will be cancelled.
If TU closes after the facility has opened:
All Campus Recreation programs for that night will be cancelled.
Campus Recreation facilities may remain open for a period of time after the TU closing based on the severity of conditions and staffing availability.
If TU has a delayed opening:
All Campus Recreation programs and facilities will open 1 hour after the announced scheduled delay or opening (e.g. if Towson University opens at 10:00 a.m., Campus Recreation facilities will open at 11:00 a.m.).
Please check your local news channels for the status on Baltimore County Schools.
- If Baltimore County schools are closed, ALL practices and lessons are canceled.
- If Baltimore County cancels after-school activities, ALL practices and lessons are canceled.
- If Baltimore County has a delayed opening for 1 or 2 hours, Masters is canceled.
- Only current TU students, faculty, staff, and alumni members (purchased alumni membership) may purchase guest passes. Guest passes are $5.
- TU students, faculty, and staff may purchase as many guest passes as they like but can only redeem up to three guest passes at one time.
- Guest passes may be purchased in the following ways:
- Current TU student, faculty, and staff: Purchase guest passes in the Campus Recreation Main Office using money placed on Towson OneCards via credit card. Funds can be added to your OneCard at anytime online, but guest passes must be purchased in-person during Main Office hours.
- Alumni Members: Purchases may be made at the Business Office in the union, Mon-Friday (8:30 am-4:30pm) by cash, check, or credit card.
Guest passes are non-transferable.
- Guests must accompany their host at time of redemption. Stamps will be given to both the current student, faculty, and staff member AND their guest at time of redemption.
- A waiver must be completed at time of redemption for each guest pass redemption.
- Guest pass receipt must be handed over at time of redemption for each guest using the facility.
- Guest passes expire one week after date of purchase. No exceptions.
- Guests are not permitted to participate in Sport Clubs, Intramural Sports, Outdoor Equipment Rental, or Personal Training.
As of Monday, April 22, 2013, all patrons must present a valid, scannable TU OneCard in order to access any of Campus Recreation facilities and to participate in any program or event.
A valid TU OneCard must:
- Belong to an authorized ID holder*
- Be scannable (not damaged)
- Belong to the presenter
- Be the most current edition of a TU OneCard (ID cards that have been reported as lost can not be scanned)
*Authorized ID holders include current Towson University students, faculty and staff and alumni with a membership.
This policy applies to all Campus Recreation facilities in Burdick Hall, including the Fitness Center, Gymnasiums, Pool, Climbing Gym, and Mezzanine.
Participants must also present a valid TU OneCard to participate in any Intramural game, WVC group exercise class, Outdoor Trip Center, Adventure Pursuits clinic, or to attend a Campus Recreation Special Event.
Requiring a TU OneCard is the most effective way for Campus Recreation to guarantee that all users have proper authorization thereby ensuring all patrons safety. It also facilitates operational consistency for student staff and allows for appropriate assessment of facility and program users.
The OneCard is the official Towson University ID card. For more information regarding lost, stolen or damaged OneCards, please visit the official OneCard website or call the Auxiliary Services Business Office at 410-704-ASBO (2726).