Hire@TU is a searchable online database where students can search for full-time, internship and part-time opportunities. Thousands of employers post their positions on Hire@TU. You also can post your resume, register for career events, sign up for on-campus interviews, and find a career mentor -- all through Hire@TU!
2. What if I forget my Towson NetID and password?
Contact Student Computing Services Desk at email@example.com or 410-704-5151, or visit SCS’s Tech Overture Online, a site designed to introduce you to Towson’s computing systems and services.
3. How do I create a Hire@TU account?
As a currently enrolled student, you automatically have a Hire@TU account. To access this account, go to the student login page and log in with your Towson Net ID and password.
4. How do I apply for an interview in the On-Campus Recruitment Program?
(1) Log in to your Hire@TU account and click “My Account.”
(2) Click “Schedules,” then click "Qualified Schedules." (Make sure your profile is filled out completely and accurately to ensure the best results.)
(3) Select the desired job by clicking the “Schedule ID#.” Click on "Request An Interview." Your resume must be uploaded in Hire@TU and serves as your application. A cover letter can also be included.
(4) Resumes will be reviewed one week prior to the interview date. You will be notified by email if you are accepted and given instructions on how to sign up for an interview slot.
(2) Select “Jobs” from the main menu bar, then “Job Search.”
Use “Keyword” or “Position Type,” or click on “Advanced Search” to use additional fields to search for positions.
(4) Search for an organization name using the percent sign (%) to indicate “contains.” For instance, typing “%Mason” will yield the result "Legg Mason."
(5) Click on position title to review position and application instructions.
(6) For more information, please call the Career Center at 410-704-2233.
8. Can I be notified when new jobs I'm interested in are posted?
Yes. Once you log in to your Hire@TU account and search for positions, you are able to “Save” job searches. Additionally, you can select the tab “Email Me New Jobs for this
Search” and create a job agent. Job agents will send you an e-mail when any new/updated jobs matching this search are available. You can access your existing job agents in "My Activity."
9. What is the Career Mentor Database?
The Career Mentor Database is a resource available to you through Hire@TU that can help you identify professionals (career mentors) who are working in the field(s) that interest(s) you. You can contact them by sending them an email through Hire@TU.
10. How do I RSVP for an event?
(1) Log in to your Hire@TU account.
(2) Select the “Career Events” tab from the main menu bar and a list of all current events will populate.
(3) Select “Search” and a list of all current events will populate.
(4) Click the event for which you would like to RSVP.
(5) Select “Register for Event” and fill out the required information.
11. I had a Hire@TU account when I was a student, but I've graduated. Now what?
To create a Hire@TU account, please contact the Career Center’s front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
(1) First Name
(2) Last Name
(3) Phone Number
(4) Email Address
(5) TU Graduation Month and Year
(6) TU Degree (bachelor's, master's, doctorate, or certificate)
(7) TU Major
Please include your first and last name in the subject line of your email (e.g. Request for a Hire@TU Account - John Smith). An account will then be created for you. Please allow two business days for your account to be created.
12. What is the Resume Creator in Hire@TU and how can I access it?
The Resume Creator is a tool in Hire@TU that allows students to quickly create, format, and edit their resumes. Simply log in to Hire@TU with you NetID and password and click on "Create Resume using Resume Creator" in the "I want to..." menu on the left-hand side of the page. View step-by-step instructions for using the Resume Creator.
The Career Center
7800 York Road Building, Suite 206 (map)
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Call to schedule an appointment.
Express Hours Fall and Spring Semester: Monday – Thursday, 1 - 4 p.m. (No appointment needed for 15-minute consultation)