Students must meet the following requirements to complete an internship:
- Internship hours must be performed during the duration of the semester in which the student is enrolled in the course. Internships from prior semesters will not be accepted. Students must complete 120 hours in the internship to receive course credit.
- The internship must take place in an office. Students cannot telecommute or work from a home setting.
- The company must have more than 3 full-time employees. The employees cannot be contractual or telecommuter employees.
- The internship cannot consist of door-to-door selling or pure cold calling.
- The internship can only include 10 percent clerical work.
- Students cannot intern for a family member.
- Students cannot intern at their own business.
- Students may not use the same internship for both a Departmental Internship and Professional Experience BUSX 460.
Internship Job Description Requirements
- Students must provide a job description on company letterhead with the supervisor’s contact information and signature. No exceptions will be accepted.
- The job description must include in detail all of the intern’s duties.
- The job description should not be too broad.
- Words such as assist, learn, shadow or observe should not be used.
- The job description MUST be written by the employer’s HR department or the supervisor of the internship. Students should not write the job description.