Forensic Chemistry (BS)
- Forensic Chemistry Majors interested in internships should meet with Mark Profili. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
- Internships will be arranged and monitored according to university and departmental guidelines.
Forensic Chemistry Internship Requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the prerequisite didactic portion of the curriculum which is applicable to the internship facility.
- Meet with Mark Profili who will assist in finding an appropriate internship at either a private or public forensic laboratory.
- Meet with Valerie Smith in the Department Office who will obtain a pin # for you to allow you to register for the course credits for the internship.
- Do the internship according to all of the requirements, rules and regulations of the facility offering the intership – which may include a drug screen at the student’s expense, a criminal background check and/or a polygraph.
- Maintain a record of your activity during your internship.
- Meet with Mark Profili at least once during the internship to discuss your progress and activities.
It should be noted that Towson University has either written or verbal agreements or is in contact with the following institutions to provide internships to Forensic Chemistry students:
- Baltimore City Police Crime Laboratory
- Baltimore County Police Crime Laboratory
- Anne Arundel County Police Crime Laboratory
- Prince Georges Police Crime Laboratory
- Montgomery County Police Crime Laboratory
- BRT Laboratories, Inc. (DNA)
- The Bode Technology Group, Inc. (DNA)
Any student who has arranged his/her own internship must meet the above requirements.
Department of Chemistry
Smith Hall 543
8000 York Road
Towson, MD 21252