Institute for Well-Being


WELLNESS CENTER

Preventative Medicine Program

The Towson University Preventative Medicine Program provides you and your physician with cutting-edge technology and solutions to treat metabolic syndrome and related cardiometabolic risk factors including the following:

  • Obesity
  • Diabetes
  • Hypertension
  • Hyperlipidemia
  • Hyperglycemia, pre-diabetes and glucose intolerance

We provide you with state-of-the-art assessments including metabolic testing, fitness and body composition analysis, customized exercise prescriptions with individualized instruction, nutritional analysis, dietary planning, health education and regular physician progress reporting.

Clinical exercise physiologists at Towson University’s Wellness Center are experts in managing a wide variety of chronic medical conditions including obesity, diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia and other metabolic disorders. Our team is certified nationally by the American College of Sports Medicine as certified exercise specialists and hold the Exercise as Medicine Credential at all levels.

Did You Know?

According to the American College of Sports Medicine “Exercise as Medicine” initiative, low levels of physical activity lead to a greater risk of dying than smoking, obesity, hypertension, and high cholesterol. People who lead active lives in their 80s have a lower risk of death than inactive 60-year-olds. Regular physical activity reduces the risk of colon cancer by 60%, reduces the chance or getting heart disease by 40%, and lowers the risk of stroke by 27%.

Institute for Well-Being | Wellness Center
Location: One Olympic Place | Towson, MD 21204 | 410-704-4555
Mailing Address: Wellness Center | IWB | Towson University | 8000 York Road | Towson MD 21252
College of Health Professions | Department of Kinesiology | HIPAA & Other Policies | Directions


Center Information

• Contact Us

• Support Us

• Location & Directions

• Calendar & Hours



 

 

Map

Emergencies
410-704-4444

University Police
410-704-2134

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now