Undergraduate Admissions

Admitted Students—Veterans

students in the veterans center

Congratulations on your admission to Towson University. If you're still considering your college choices, we’re happy to help you decide if TU is right for you.

We encourage you to visit campus again. Contact the Veterans Center to arrange a personal campus tour or connect with other veteran students. Get in touch with a counselor or the department for your planned major and ask tough questions. Check out the area and see why Baltimore is one of the top college towns in the country.

When you’re ready to accept your offer of admission, just complete the following steps. We look forward to seeing you.

1. Submit your Enrollment Contract and fee.

To officially accept our offer of admission, submit your Enrollment Contract and $300 enrollment fee to University Admissions by May 1 for fall admission, Dec. 1 for spring admission, or two weeks after you receive your offer of admission, whichever is later. We recommend that you mail your Enrollment Contract at the post office and request a certificate of mailing.

If you’ve been admitted to the Honors College, notify them of your intention to join at honors@towson.edu or 410-704-4677.

2. Activate your Towson University email account.

Towson will communicate with you using your TU student computing and email account, also referred to as your NetID. To get started, simply activate your NetID online. To complete the process, you will need your seven-digit TU student ID number, which you can find on your Offer of Admission letter.

If you have difficulty with your account, please contact the Student Computing Services Desk at scs@towson.edu or 410-704-5151, or visit Tech Overture Online.

3. Utilize your GI Bill Benefits

To apply for GI Bill Education Benefits, you must call the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website. The site contains a wealth of information about the education benefits administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

In order to get certified for your GI Bill education benefits, you must email, fax or mail your Certificate of Eligibility or NOBE (Notice of Basic Eligibility) and Declaration of Intent Form (PDF) to Towson University's Veterans Affairs office:

Veterans Affairs Office

Towson University

8000 York Road

Towson, MD 21252-0001

email: veteransoffice@towson.edu

fax: 410-704-2537

phone: 410-704-3094

If you are a Vocational Rehabilitation Veteran, Towson University needs only a valid purchase order (VA Form 28-1905).

Certificate of Eligibility
The Certificate of Eligibility is the paperwork you receive from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs after you have applied for GI Bill Education benefits and they have determined your eligibility.

Transfer Students/ Change of Program/Major Change

Transfer students who have received GI Bill benefits previously must complete a Request for Change of VA Education Program or Place of Training Form (VA Form 22-1995) which can be found on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. You must also complete the form if you have changed your major or degree program.

4. Housing

Off-Campus Housing:

You can find information about off-campus housing, including apartment listings, from the Department of Housing and Residence Life.

On-Campus Housing:

Transfer student housing is awarded on a space-available basis. You can find out if housing is available by logging on to the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s online housing request system beginning Dec. 1 for spring admission and March 1 for fall admission. If housing is available, complete the online housing request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit to secure your spot.

New freshmen entering in the fall: You are guaranteed a space in university housing, as long you complete an online housing request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit by May 1.

New freshman entering in the spring: Housing is awarded on a space-available basis. You can find out if housing is available by logging on to the Department of Housing and Residence Life’s online housing request system beginning Dec. 1. If housing is available, you must complete the request and submit a $350 non-refundable housing deposit to secure your spot.

There are two additional on-campus residence halls for freshmen—Paca House and Tubman House—located in the university’s West Village complex. These housing options require a separate application, as they are not operated by Towson University. Apply online if you’re interested in Paca House or Tubman House.

If you have questions about university housing, please contact the Department of Housing and Residence Life at 410-704-2516.

5. Determine if your major is screened.

If you know what you want to study, it’s important that determine if it is a screened or competitive major, as admission to TU does not guarantee admission to some programs. Screened or competitive majors have additional guidelines beyond the general admission requirements for TU; the requirements may include auditions, prerequisite courses or minimum GPAs.

Contact the major department or consult the Undergraduate Catalog for more information on screened or competitive majors. Knowing these requirements in advance will prepare you during the enrollment and registration process.

6. Receive credit for your military service.

If you would like your military credits posted to your academic record at Towson University, you must submit an unofficial copy of your military transcript to the Towson University Veterans Affairs office. If you do not have an unofficial copy of your transcript, you can obtain one from the American Council on Education (ACE). Along with your transcript, you must attach a statement indicating that you would like your military credits posted to your academic record at Towson University. The statement must also include the date, your printed name, your signature, and your NetID or Social Security number. Marilyn Leuthold will evaluate your transcript and post the applicable credits in early October for the fall semester and early March for the spring semester.

7. Complete items on your Freshman or Transfer To-Do List.

After you've accepted our offer of admission, you will receive a Freshman To-Do List or Transfer To-Do List in the mail. It will provide important information to help your transition to college life, including details about parking on campus, getting your OneCard ID, registering for classes, and more.

Get In Touch

Contact Patrick Young in
the Veterans Center at pyoung@towson.edu or 410-704-2992.

Connect with the Veteran Students Group on Facebook.

University Admissions

Phone: 410-704-2113
Fax: 410-704-3030
Campus Tours: 410-704-4696

Office Location

Office of Admissions
7800 York Road, 2nd Floor

University Codes

SAT: 5404
ACT: 1718
FAFSA: 002099