fall 2014 TRANSFER TO-DO LIST
Pay Tuition Bill
- Deadline: See chart below.
Tuition and Billing Information
Information pertaining to tuition, fees and billing can be found on the Bursar's Office website.
· Cash: The Bursar’s Office Payment and Rebate Check Disbursement Center is open 8:30 a.m.– 4 p.m., Monday–Friday, and is located on the third floor of the Enrollment Services Center.
· Check: Please make checks payable to Towson University and include the student’s TU ID number on the front of the check. Checks may be brought to the Bursar’s Office or mailed to: Towson University, Bursar’s Office, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252.
You may make payment by ACH electronic transfer online at
Towson Online Services.
· You may also make a credit card payment from this website. The Bursar’s Office does not accept in-person or mailed credit card payments. All payments made with a credit card are processed by a third-party vendor online, and are assessed a 2.75 percent convenience fee (minimum $3) on the payment amount. Visa, Discover, MasterCard and American Express credit cards can be used for tuition, fees, room, dining plans and other charges.
· Deferred Payment Plan: The University offers a Deferred Payment Plan that extends to students a monthly budget plan for meeting the cost of tuition, university fees, and on-campus housing and meals each term. Some student housing facilities (listed below) are privately operated, and rent is not included as part of the university’s term billing. Rent payments for these facilities— Millennium Hall, and Paca and Tubman Houses—are to be paid to Capstone Management and therefore cannot be included in a deferred payment plan. For more information about the university’s deferred payment plan options, visit the Bursar’s Office website or call the Bursar’s Office at 410-704-2100 or 1-888-5-BURSAR.
Bill payment must be received by the due date to avoid a late fee. A late fee of $100 will be assessed to the student’s financial account if charges are not paid in full by the payment due date, which appears on the bill.
If your financial aid award exceeds all charges for the term, you will be issued a rebate. All rebates are processed through our online e-rebate system DOC (Disbursement Online Center). You will be notified through your TU e-mail address if you have been issued a rebate through DOC. A rebate cannot be disbursed prior to 10 days before the start of each term.
If there is a credit balance as a result of cash, check or credit card payment or an adjustment of term charges, the Bursar’s Office will process a refund. Cash and check refunds are processed through our online e-refund system DOC (Disbursement Online Center). You will be notified through your TU e-mail address if you have been issued a refund through DOC. Credit card refunds will be credited back to the original credit card account that was used to satisfy the term charges and will take place after the Change of Schedule period for that term.
Securing and/or Canceling Your Schedule
If your account balance reflects a credit or zero balance, your class schedule will be secured for the fall 2014 term. If you choose NOT to attend, YOU MUST notify the Office of the Registrar by your bill payment due date to have your class schedule canceled. If you fail to do this, you will be financially responsible for all term charges
Important: Your Financial ResponsibilityYou are responsible for paying your tuition and fees by the due date. E-mails will be sent to your TU account informing you of your bill. It is your responsibility to access your account on a regular basis. If you require additional information about tuition and fees, visit the Bursar’s Office website or call the Bursar’s Office at 410-704-2100 or 1-888-5-BURSAR