What's the best way to get to know Towson? Come see us for yourself. Take a stroll through campus on one of our student-led tours, ask our admissions staff your questions at an information session, or attend Open House.
Tours for Students and Their Families
Our 90-minute walking tour gives you a chance to connect with current students and learn about life on campus as you visit classrooms, residence halls and popular hangouts. It's a great way to get to know if TU is right for you. Campus tours are usually offered most days at noon and 2:00 p.m., Wednesday nights at 7:00 p.m., and most Saturdays at 11:00 a.m. and noon. To make a reservation or learn about specific date and time availability, just review the helpful hints below and click the Make a campus tour reservation link.
Helpful Hints When Registering
- Reservations are required because a parking permit is required to park on campus. A confirmation and parking permit will be emailed to the student email address. Please ask your student to print the confirmation and bring it with you on the day of your tour.
- If you are searching for a specific date that does not appear in the online list of available dates, there is no tour available at that time.
- Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early so that you can park and arrive at our campus tour location on time.
- If you want to change a reservation, simply register online for any available date. Be sure to cancel your original reservation by clicking the cancel link in the confirmation that was emailed to your student's email address.
- If you wish to cancel without making a new reservation, simply click the cancel link in the confirmation that was emailed to your student's email address.
- Tours will be cancelled only when the university has closed. This information will always be available at the Towson University home page.
Group Tours for Schools or Community Organizations
Group tours are available to high schools or organizations with 10 or more students. We offer group tours from September to May on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10:00 a.m. when classes are in session. The group tour includes a 15- to 30-minute presentation from a member of the University Admissions staff and a 90-minute walking tour by a student ambassador.
Group tours can be arranged by high school counselors or community organizations. The group must include between 10 to 40 high school juniors or seniors or community college students. At least one chaperone is required for every six students.
Please request your group tour at least 60 days prior to your proposed arrival. We will do our best to accommodate the date and time you request; however, dates and times are not guaranteed until they are confirmed by Towson University.
*Please note that ALL group tour spots for the fall semester are full. You may request a tour for the spring semester, which begins February 9th, 2016
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event classes are cancelled, all campus tours will be cancelled. Towson University will post closing information on the TU homepage. A cancellation email will be sent to guests who are registered for a tour that is cancelled.
Just eight miles north of Baltimore, Towson is easily accessible by car, train or plane.
If you require reasonable accommodations for disability support, please contact 410-704-4696 at least two weeks prior to your visit.