Towson University offers the reading placement test on campus by appointment. If your commute is greater than two hours, you have an option to take the test at a college closer to you. Contact the Towson University Academic Achievement Center (410-704-2291, email@example.com) to confirm that you qualify for remote testing. Schedule the testing session AFTER you have received your remote confirmation e-mail.
Finding a Testing Center
It is your responsibility to find and contact the testing center of a college close to you. After calling an area college, do the following:
• Identify yourself as a Towson University student who needs to complete the ACCUPLACER® reading test, inquire about the fee (charges are your responsibility) to use their facility, get the test administrator's contact information.
• Inform the test administrator at the college or learning center that the TU AAC will e-mail them the ACCUPLACER® instructions within three days.
• Next e-mail the TU Academic Achievement Center, firstname.lastname@example.org, the following:
Your phone number
Your TU identification number
Your e-mail address
Test administrator's name
College or test center's name
• PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to take the test until the test administrator receives our ACCUPLACER® instructions.
Can’t Find a Local College to Administer the Test?
If you are unable to locate a college contact a Sylvan Learning Center. Inform the learning center that they will administer ACCUPLACER® testing and our office will e-mail instructions directly to the test administrator. If the Sylvan center states that they do not administer ACCUPLACER®, please ask the administrator to call 410-704-2291 or e-mail email@example.com.
Do Not Contact these Institutions
The following institutions DO NOT test students from other colleges:
• Adelphi University, Berkeley College, Hofstra University, Montgomery College (Germantown and Rockville campuses), Northern Virginia Community College, Onondaga Community College, Prince George's Community College, and UMUC.
• The Sylvan Learning Center located at 12 Alfred Street, Woburn, MA.
What to Bring to Your Remote Test
In order to take your remote reading placement test you will need the following:
• Your remote confirmation e-mail (IMPORTANT—be sure to identify yourself as a Towson University student so they don’t accidentally administer the wrong ACCUPLACER test)
• A photo I.D.—you will not be allowed to test without it
• Several pencils and/or pens
What NOT to Bring
• Do NOT bring your own scrap paper; it will be provided for you and collected from you at the end of the test. If you were not given scrap paper when seated, ask for it.
After the Test
Your test scores and placement results appear on the computer screen at the end of your testing session. Ask the test administrator to print the score report and give you a copy.
If you did not receive a copy of your score report, contact the Academic Achievement Center at 410-704-2291. There is no need to send us a copy of your score results; we have access to the ACCUPLACER® score report.