Veterans Education Benefits

The Veterans Affairs Office is part of Towson University’s Office of the Registrar and functions primarily to certify veterans' enrollment status in courses at Towson University to the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

United States Department of Veterans Affairs

To apply for GI Bill Education Benefits, call the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and speak with a Veterans Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GI-BILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) or visit their website at  The website contains a wealth of information about the various education benefits administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.  The VA is responsible for determining eligibility and making decisions regarding payment of education benefits.  Once you have applied for benefits, the VA will mail you a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility after they have determined your eligibility.

Towson University– Veterans Affairs Office
In order to be certified by Towson University for VA Education Benefits, initially you must submit your Certificate of Eligibility and Towson University's Declaration of Intent Form. For each semester you would like to be certified thereafter, you must submit the Declaration of Intent Form only.  Students will not automatically be certified from one semester to another. Towson University’s VA Certifying Official will certify your enrollment by submitting an Enrollment Certification (VA Form 22-1999) to the US Department of Veterans Affairs.  Contact TU’s Veterans Affairs Office at least eight weeks prior to your date of enrollment to ensure timely processing of paperwork.  You must notify TU’s Veterans Affairs Office of any change in credit load.

For additional information regarding clarification and payment of education benefits, click on the links below:

Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation Program)

Students utilizing these benefits do not need to submit a Declaration of Intent Form.  Chapter 31 Veterans are evaluated through the Baltimore Regional Veterans Affairs Office.  Please call the Baltimore Regional Veterans Affairs Office for inquiries at 1-800-827-1000.

Veterans Services Center

Towson University opened a Veterans Services Center in September 2010 to assist veterans with the transition to Towson University and to deal with issues and concerns student veterans may have.  Patrick Young is the Coordinator of the Veterans Services Center and can be reached as listed below:

Patrick Young

Coordinator of Veterans Services

Psychology Building, Room 107


Maryland Army National Guard Educational Benefits


Reserve Officer' Training Corps (ROTC)

Undergraduate students interested in Towson University’s ROTC Programs may contact:

  • Army ROTC Program through Loyola College at 410-617-2276
  • Air Force ROTC Program through University of Maryland College Park at 301-314-3242.


Towson University

Veterans Affairs Office
Enrollment Services Center, Room 211

8000 York Road

Towson, MD  21252-0001

Phone: 410-704-3094

Fax: 410-704-2537


Campus Map:


Towson Online Services: Login for Web-based student records system using PeopleSoft

Web-based student records system using Peoplesoft


Take Note: links to Military Coursework/Experience and Grants for Military/Veterans
- • Grants for Military Personnel, Veterans


University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now