Division of Student Affairs

  • positive Homecoming
  • Student taking selfie
  • Serving Food
  • Students with Facepainting

Welcome to Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS)!

Our team assists in orienting students with Towson University and the greater Towson community, preparing students for successful transitions, and facilitating continued student success through graduation. With a variety of exciting, interactive events planned throughout the year, OCSS creates opportunities for students to stay engaged and connected to the greater campus community. OCSS is committed to providing information, resources, education, and programs that promote awareness, independence, and engagement to all Towson University students. In addition, OCSS offers all students who commute to campus from home or live off campus with support and resource referrals throughout their off-campus housing experience.

Students who live off campus should contact OCSS to find information regarding suitable housing, exercising their rights and upholding their responsibilities as tenants and as members of the community. At OCSS students will also obtain assistance with other off-campus housing questions.

This website provides an overview of the off-campus living experience by offering useful information on important topics including:

  • student responsibilities,
  • leases,
  • safety off-campus,
  • and handling roommate conflicts.

Note: The information on this website is only a guide and is not meant to offer legal advice or to replace the services of an attorney.


Quick Links:

Transitioning from on campus or home into a house or apartment in Baltimore County?
Pick up a copy of the Off-Campus Housing Guide for important information regarding life off-campus. 

Important note: If you are living in a rental house in Baltimore County or City, make sure you are aware of the most up-to-date legislation as it relates to how many unrelated people can legally live together as well as new rental registration bills.

How do you know when the school closes due to inclement weather?
Read TU's Inclement Weather/School Closings Policy.


Off-Campus Student Services
University Union, Room 217

Joyce P. Herold, Ed.D.
Phone: 410-704-3521
Fax: 410-704-2219



Get Job-Ready! Start Now. Update your Student Engagement Record. No sign up required; your record has already begun tracking for you! For access, log-in here!


Update Your Address

TU requires students to have current addresses on file.

Update yours online in TU Peoplesoft "Self Service Student Center."





University Police

Closings & News
410-704-NEWS (6397)

Text Alerts
Sign up now