1. Exceptional contribution to the institution and/or unit
2. Outstanding service to students in an academic or residential environment
3. Extraordinary public service to the university or the greater community
4. Effectiveness and efficiency regarding an academic or administrative transformation with a savings of $10,000 or more
The CUSS Awards are the Board of Regents highest honors and are bestowed upon Exempt and Nonexempt staff. The final award recipients will receive a $1000 stipend, a plaque, and publicity of their honor. Recent TU winners of the prestigious system-wide honor include Susan Weininger, Jeffery Klupt, and Stephen Kolb.
President’s Staff Award for Distinguished Service to the University 2015-2016
Nominations for the 2015-2016 President’s Staff Award for Distinguished Service to the University are currently being accepted. The award is given to a staff member who has dedicated twenty or more years to their profession with at least 15 years of service at Towson University. The staff recipient will be an individual who has made a significant contribution through his or her work and participation in university affairs. The recipient of the award will receive $2,500.
Among the factors to be considered are: (1) extraordinary effort as an employee; (2) extraordinary service of twenty (20) or more years to their profession and at least fifteen (15) at Towson University; (3) achievements/accomplishments made while working at TU; (4) evidence of direct impact working for or with students.
Any member of the campus community may submit a nomination. Nominations are comprised of:
1) a nomination cover letter signed by the nominator and 2) the nominee’s resume. All nominations should be submitted directly to the Office of the President Attn: Marina Cooper (email@example.com or AD331 ) and must be received no later than 4 p.m., Friday, December 18, 2015.
The Towson University Staff Council (TUSC) Awards Committee will receive and review all nominations and submit three finalists to the president. The President in consultation with the representatives from the Committee will select the recipient of the award and the winner will be announced in
will be announced in the Spring. The award is presented at the Service Awards Breakfast in May.
Top Tiger Award
Towson University faculty, staff and students can nominate staff members for the TUSC Top Tiger award. This award is designed to recognize staff that go above and beyond their normal duties.
If you have received exemplary service from a staff member, please fill out the form below. Two winners will be drawn monthly at TUSC meetings and announced on the Daily Digest. Winners will receive a $10 meal ticket to have lunch courtesy of TUSC.